Friday, August 31, 2012

Favorite Movie

 My favorite movie would have to be V for Vendetta, it's based off of Alan Moore's comic of the same name. The movie is set in a dark post apocalyptic England, where a totalitarian government has been put in place of the once democratic England. The reason why I would have to call this movie my favorite movie is because of the feeling and thought that it inspires in me. What I mean by that is that when I sit down to watch this movie I feel something, most movies I sit through I never feel anything anything at all. With V for Vendetta I am left with questions at the end, but also of a feeling of completeness. This is one of the rare cases when I prefer the movie rendition of the book than the book itself. I feel that the movie creates an atmosphere more captivating than book did, but the book answered more questions and took a bit more of the mystic out of V, the seemingly unstoppable force. 

No comments:

Post a Comment